Cutting retail employee theft is easy in our experience. We have worked with retailers, police, investigators and insurance companies for decades and still the most common reason theft occurs is because of poor controls.
Retailers who implement recommended controls will experience less theft. That is our experience.
The controls we recommend are:
- Balance your cash at the end of each shift. Make employees responsible for balancing.
- Do not take cash out without it being recorded.
- Owners / managers spend time at the country unexpectedly.
- Balance your banking to your cash takings daily.
- Balance your actual GP to expected GP for key departments monthly.
- Implement a theft policy that all employees are required to sign.
We work with individual businesses on their situation and will happily help any Tower Systems customer in this area.
Employee theft can be cut and we can help achieve this.