Business owners often call on politicians to remove red tape and make doing business easier. Some small retail business owners including small business retailers create red tape of their own, red tape that makes it harder for customers to do business with the business and red tape that makes it harder for our employees to serve our business.
Common red tape that could be eliminated and thereby help improve business includes:
- negative signs like this is not a library or no this or that in store.
- Credit card processing fees on lines where you can cover yourself in your pricing.
- A shop layout that discourages shopping.
- Slow sales processes at the counter.
- Poor back office processes with customer accounts.
- Mixed messages in signs in-store leaving shoppers unsure about offers.
What red tape, what barriers could you remove from your retail business thereby making doing business with you easier?