Here at Tower Systems we help small business retailers with everyday computer use advice. We have recently mailed to all of our customers this COMPUTE USE POLICY that will, if followed, reduce the opportunity for the user business to be impacted by a ransomware attack.
This advice was emailed and mailed to our customers as a service. We share it here for the broader community of small business retailers who stop by this place.
COMPUTER USE POLICY
- The computers in this business are business tools. Their security is vital to the safe running of the business.
- Do not use any computer for any form of personal use without permission. This means:
- No playing games.
- No looking at porn.
- No Facebook.
- No downloading movies, TV shows, music.
- No browsing websites unless they are websites used regularly by this business for running the business.
- No connecting your phone to the computer.
- Do not open emails including business emails unless you have permission.
- Do not click on any link in any email unless you are 100% certain the email is from a trusted source.
- Do not clear the browser cache.
- Never put a USB stick in a computer unless you are certain of the source.
- Never permit anyone to use a computer in the business unless you have permission.
- Never give anyone a computer password from the business.
- If someone you don’t know calls and tells you to do something with the computer, make sure they have authority.
- Never write down any business password you are entrusted with.
- Never connect a USB stick with the computer unless you have permission.
- If you do something wrong own up to it immediately.