We have been invited to export our software to a European country and now face a difficult decision as to whether to take up the opportunity. While it may seem easy to say yes, we need to weigh up the real cost of such a move.

I know from experience in New Zealand, Singapore, Fiji and Malaysia that each new export market brings new challenges which need to be resolved quickly. Despite someone saying your software is a perfect fit and would not require change, this is rarely the case.

So, the decision will come from consideration of time, resources and potential return. I have a month in which to do some due diligence.

0 likes