Last week, we sent out advice to our retail customers on getting the new financial year off to a good start. This advice was included in our weekly advice email. The advice included good general advice:
- Get Retailer up to date. The current Version is 2.2.2c. Make sure all your computers are running this version. See How To Video A02 for instructions on installing updates.
- Archive the old Data. After EOFY is the ideal time to clean up and archive old data to improve system performance. See Advice sheet G26
- Set up the Touch Screen buttons. Get rid of Department buttons and create buttons for all small items that can’t be scanned. See Advice Sheet G28.
- Clean up your stock departments and categories. See Advice Sheet G6.
- Replace your Backup USB Sticks – and have one for each trading day in the week.
While none of tasks relate to the financial year as such, it is a good time of the year to take care of these tasks and set the system up for more productive help.