Our Point of Sale software can help retailers protect against customer fraud. Using our software, our retail customers are able to better protect against common fraud conducted at the counter by skilled criminals.
Here are just some of the ways our software is helping retailers reduce the cost of customer fraud.
- Receipt checking. By scanning a receipt, a past sale is immediately brought up for verification before a refund is considered.
- Refund management. Thanks to clever search tools, retail employees are able to verify when an item was sold – in case a receipt is not returned with the goods.
- Checking change. Users can setup the system to require that receipts always show change.
- Security controls. Sophisticated security facilities within our software deny employees the ability to process a refund unless they have been explicitly granted security clearance.
- Eftpos integration. Using the integrated Tyro broadband eftpos solution, a processing step is eliminated, meaning an opportunity for fraud is eliminated.
The most important way to protect against customer fraud is to have well defined and understood operational processes at the retail sales counter. These processes can be better managed and driven thanks to facilities in our Point of Sale software.
Retail businesses hit by customer fraud tend to have a lazy approach to managing the sales counter, inviting financial harm to the business.