At our Newsagency of the Future workshop series Tower CEO Mark Fletcher will share the very latest retail trends based on what he saw at the National Retail Federation Retail conference in New York last month and will see at the Retail Week conference in London this week. He will also share thoughts on the factors newsagents need to consider in planning their future – migration to digital, online shopping, competition from supermarkets and others, the growing cost of labour and retail real-estate and changes in attention from core newsagency suppliers.
The workshop will look at what is happening in the newsagency channel, the consolidation in some areas and decisions newsagents face – not just around circulation and print products but in other areas such as stationery, lotteries and agency product.
There will also be some time devoted to recent events such as newspaper contracts, decisions by publishers on newspaper distribution, magazine distribution challenges and how newsagents as a channel need to respond to these.
The last time Mark ran such a workshop was mid 2010. So much has changed since then. Many new challenges have emerged and many new opportunities are before us.
Attendance is free. You can book by faxing in a booking form or registering through the online booking facility on the Tower Systems website.
Anyone is welcome to attend, newsagents, newsagency employees, would be newsagents and newsagency suppliers.
Here is a list of venues we have booked for the workshops:
- Perth. March 26. Country Comfort Inter City, 249-263 Great Eastern Highway, Perth
- Sydney. March 27. Bonnie Doon Golf Club, Banks Ave, Pagewood
- Canberra. March 28. Rydges Capital Hill Canberra, Cnr National Cct. & Canberra Ave, Canberra
- Adelaide. March 29. Rydges South Park Adelaide, 1 South Terrace, Adelaide
- Brisbane. March 30. Brisbane Riverview Hotel, Cnr Kingsford Smith Dve & Hunt St, Hamilton
- Hobart. April 2. Mercure Hotel Hobart, 156 Bathurst St, Hobart
- Melbourne. April 3. Amora Hotel Riverwalk, 659 Bridge Rd, Richmond