While media coverage talks up the online versus high street battle and favours online in coverage, smart bike retailers are using rd bike shop software to compete with online.
By leveraging in-store knowledge, experience and personal service, a high street bike shop can convert a browser into a shopper. The keys are attention to detail, memorable personal service and a value proposition. This is where good bike shop software implemented professionally can help. It can also help drive operational efficiency and thereby give the business the financial means to be competitive.
Bike shop retailers can do this in a range of ways:
- Sales processes can be structured to drive consistency.
- A loyalty program encourages your shopper to shop more frequently.
- A contact follow up program can bring a customer back more often.
- Marketing can be driven by email, mail and fax.
- Mistakes at the sales counter, in ordering and in management can be reduced, freeing cash.
- Selling can be made easier, thereby improving the shopper experience.
- New marketing platforms are created: on receipts, at the counter and elsewhere.
- Employees can be rewarded for above average sales – aligning their rewards with those of the business.
- A common inventory file for an online store and a high street store.
Good bike shop software can help a bike retailer compete with online businesses and prosper in any economy.
Growth begins with deciding that this is what you want for your business. The next step is pursuing it relentlessly.
People looking for their first bike are encouraged by bike shops to talk to an expert. Bike shop owners wanting greater success should, likewise, talk to an expert.
Tower Systems develops and supports the industry standard bike shop software in Australia and New Zealand, the company helps bike shop retailers grow stronger and more valuable businesses.