Two months ago we quietly released new shopper loyalty facilities to a select group of our Point of Sale software beta release sites. The comprehensive data gathered through the trial shows that these new facilities are guiding changes in shopper behaviour, increasing the value of participating shoppers.
While we already offer a more traditional points based loyalty program, we wanted something completely different and genuinely fresh. Our new facilities, to be offered as an option with our software, do just that.
Our customers are able to provide shoppers with a reward to spend in-store right away. They can control the value of the spend and the items it is used to purchase. This is where the new facility is very clever.
Shopper feedback at trial sites indicates that this new loyalty program, as opposed to the traditional points offering, will get got shoppers making a conscious choice to purchase from the business what they may purchase from a supermarket or elsewhere.
The new loyalty facilities are backed up with excellent reporting tools, enabling retailers to manage the program with little time involvement and to track shopper behaviour.
The features of the new facilities are:
- No shopper sign-up necessary to get them started.
- Immediate rewards on offer fro first purchase – but accessed on next purchase.
- Easy local settings available to newsagents to drive what is important to them.
- No extra card for shoppers to carry.
- Targets shorter term loyalty engagement – that visit or soon after.
- Easy management of breakage.
- A whole of business offer – i.e. not just targeting magazines or cards.
- Hard for majors to replicate.
- Easy harvesting of shopper contact details at point of redemption.
Data from beta sites indicates that these new loyalty could be a game changer for our current and future customers, especially in locally competitive situations.
The new facilities are in version 2.5 of our software. This is expected to be commercially available late next week.