A stocktake is less about the value of the stock than about getting accurate data on which to base smarter business decisions. Too often retailers waste money bringing in an external stocktaker.
Using good Point of Sale software, retailers can do the stocktake themselves. It will save time and money. Plus you will be able to:
- Automate stock reordering.
- Do rolling stock takes and end the need for an annual count.
- More easily track what is being stolen.
- More quickly identify under-performing stock.
- More easily compare supplier performance.
- Delegate stock management to team members in the business.
The benefits are there for the taking – get started by using your newsagency software. I urge newsagents to talk to their software company about it. My software company is running rolling free training workshops for interested retailers. We all need to help lift the efficiency of small business retailers.
Don’t do a manual stock take in 2013 it’s a wasted investment.