Jewellers, bike shops and others offering workshop facilities often think of software for their business in the context of Point of Sale facilities, how the software can help the business at the front of the store.
Good repairs management software helps with customer service, protecting the piece itself and with overall jeweler business management.
State of the art repairs facilities cut management time, reduce mistakes and make it easier to bill for each task in a repair job and thereby more completely cover the business costs with appropriate margin.
Here are some of the features you can expect to see in the repairs management facility incorporated in our POS software:
- Scan receipts or job card to find a repair in the system. Alternatively, quickly find repairs based on customer details.
- Track repairs by customer.
- Support multiple repairs per customer.
- Accommodate multiple repairers per job.
- Easily schedule in-house or outsource repairs.
- Store quotes for later reference when it converts to a job.
- Manage partial payments of an account.
- Track repairs by repairer.
- Track repairs by courier.
- Automate pricing for popular repair jobs.
- Allocate staff and repair instructions.
- Allocate existing stock used for a repair job.
- Print bar-coded job cards and receipts automatically.
The sophistication now available in good repairs facilities plays out in other parts of the software. It’s like the NASA mission to the moon – there are many side benefits along the way for all.
Today’s full service retailer needs to manage every part of the business for efficiency, profit and repeat business. This is where repairs management software plays a vital part in the mission of the business.