The Tower Systems specialist bike shop software plays in a completely different field to MYOB’s Retail Manager software. While both software packages offer Point of Sale facilities, only our software offers facilities which serve the needs of today’s specialist bike retailer.
MYOB’s Retail Manager is a successful mass market package and therefore remains generic in the services it provides. This is how they keep their price down, by not offering specialist facilities. It is a business model which has served them well.
We have gone the other way and created specialist bike shop software because we understand that this will help bike retailers make more money from their businesses. Bike retailers can leverage our specialist facilities to drive revenue and build businesses of greater value for when they decide to sell.
Specialist bike retailers see themselves and quite different to mass merchant bike retailers. One way of leveraging their specialist focus and services is through specialist bike shop software. Those who don’t see their business as different opt for mass merchant software and miss an opportunity to drive their unique selling proposition at every opportunity.
Here are some of the bike shop specialist areas where our software is quite different to the generic MYOB and other software:
- Loyalty marketing. Bike customers are more valuable than the first tracking. By tracking purchases through a robust loyalty management and marketing system, bike retailers using our Tower Systems software are able to extract greater value from each customer.
- Text message customer communication. Letting customers know when repairs are ready to be collected, special orders have arrived in-store and special offers are available helps better connect specialist bike retailers and their customers. MYOB does not have these facilities.
- Multi store facilities. Centralised internet based multi store facilities. What we offer beats the current MYOB offer hands down.
- Supplier connection. By connecting with key bike shop suppliers, processing electronic invoices and creating electronic orders, we are helping bike retailers cut labour costs. This makes our software considerably more valuable than generic software when it comes to managing business payroll.
- Theft management. By connecting the bike shop software with a sophisticated security camera system, bike shop owners are able to leverage better management of the employee and customer theft risks. This is another difference between generic POS software and our specialist bike shop software.
- Serial number tracking. A full service bike shop wants to provide a more professional and complete service to the mass merchants. Serial number tracking is one such example. This can help with insurance claims. It can also ease the registering of the purchase with the manufacturer.
- Repairs management. Tracking a repair from when it is presented to when it is collected can be a real time saver for a bike shop. Doing this work manually costs time and leads to mistakes. MYOB offers no such facility.
- Managing custom built products. Being able to track the assembling of a number of items and labour into a saleable product is important for a specialist bike retailer. MYOB cannot handle this.
Bike retailers who see their business as different to that of a mass merchant selling bikes prefer software which respects and supports their difference. This is the Tower Systems AdvantageTM.