Easter is what each store makes of it in retail. Each retailer decides through their engagement whether this is a big or not so big season.
Our advice, based on working with retailers across a diversity of business settings, is don’t get caught up in tradition, think about easter 2021 as one of connection. This can broaden your focus and provide a more useful pathway to sales success.
Here are some ideas to get you thinking what easter 2021 could be in your retail business…
- Have fun. No matter what you do, make sure it involves fun, active fun.
- Promote connection. Easter is a good this for people to connect with people nearby and far away. help them do that.
- Do good. Collect for something during the season. Given the animal theme of so much Easter product, maybe a local animal shelter.
- Have fun give rabbits a discount on a set day or days. Give a doubt to everyone who presents as a rabbit. Promote it widely – get the local paper in for a photo. Make the discount worth it for them dressing up.
- Invite a wall of stories. If you have a wall available, cover it with paper and invite your customers to write or draw what Easter means to them. this makes the season more interactive.
- Make a giant papier-mâché egg with things you sell (old newspapers, coloured paper, paint). Go big, I mean really big. Taller than a person. Let the kids paint it. Make it a local thing for people to come see.
- Have an Easter Egg hunt for over 70s. Egg hunts are usually for kids but those over 70 will have a different recollection of the season from when they were kids. Cater to them with a hunt in your shop for tasty eggs.
- Respect the season. Easter means different things to different people. Respect this outside of the fun you may have. Be sure about your greeting and that it is appropriate. Maybe include a nice message on your receipts.
Easter is considered by many in retail to be a small season. I see it as full of opportunity and primed for fun in the newsagency. Chase year on year growth.
easter 2021 is an opportunity to guide connection. Our advice is be part of that opportunity.