Tower Systems develops POS software and it develops POS software connected Shopify websites. We develop magento and Woo, too, but it’s in the Shopify space where the needs of most of our local small business retailers are met.
Our portfolio of POS software connected Shopify websites is comprehensive, covering a range of specialty retail situations including jewellers, garden centres, toy shops, firearms dealers, produce businesses, farm supply businesses, gift, homewares, fashion, and more.
We are grateful to our community of local small business retailers for their support, and encouragement.
We are often asked for website advice, how to be successful online. While we have comprehensive advice for our customers, in this public space, Tower Systems is happy to share this list of top things to consider if you want your local retail business to be successful online.
This best of the best advice about taking your retail business online is based on many years of experience.
- It’s urgent. Every retail business needs to be online. You have no idea what you are missing. Online should be at least 10% of your revenue now.
- Your POS software should manage your inventory, including what you sell online. This saves time and manages consistency.
- Start small, focussed. Don’t obsess about getting the whole business on. The sooner you start the sooner you will get experience and this will feed your evolution.
- It’s hard work. If you seek and embrace short cuts, they will come at a. cost. Lean into the hard work. get it done.
- Shopify is better than WooCommerce. A WooCommerce website usually costs more to maintain. hey, we’ve been doing this for many years and have used both, and Magento. Shopify gives you more control and requires less tech skills.
- Don’t overthink shipping. A complex approach to shipping will negatively impact your online sales.
- Accept all payment types. Credit card, PayPal, Buy Now Pay later – they all serve a purpose. Make sure you are flexible.
- You are your best asset. Your knowledge about your products is your best asset. It is differentiating. Leverage it on your website in the text write and the blog posts you publish. This is what will attract shoppers.
- Describe for the search. In a shop, people browse based on what they see. Online, people start browsing by typing in text. Think about this when they describe what they sell.
- Own your complexity. If you choose to have a complex offer or a complex approach to selling online, it’s your complexity. Don’t rely on a web developer or a tech person to make it easier for you. Making it easier starts with you making decisions about your business.
If you are interested in our POS software or having us develop a POS software connected Shopify site for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tim on 0401 883 917 or Justin on 0434 365 789.
Click here to find out more about our specialty retail POS software. Click here to see our YouTube Channel where you can see up to date demonstrations of our various specialty retail POS software products.
Click here to access our fixed-price standard POS software connected Shopify website quote.
Click here to see the checklist we provide our Shopify customers. It outlines what’s critical about preparing for a Shopify site.
Click here to access our website customer questionnaire. This is designed to help you clarify your needs. A copy of your responses is sent to you.