Thrift shops, like charity shops, have unique needs when it comes to business management. The Tower Systems thrift shop software helps these businesses meet plenty of uniquer needs in their service of local communities and causes.
The Tower Systems thrift shop software has facilities designed to serve these unique needs such as:
- Easy shopper loyalty. While the software offers a loyalty points system, we have found the cash-off approach in our loyalty tools works better in local thrift shop retail. People understand money. A receipt showing an amount they can save on their next purchase gets, usually, at least 20% of people spending more that visit.
- Manage inventory your way. You can sell by barcode, products code, department, category within department, price point. You can sell, measure and report at the level point appropriate to your needs. This means thrift shops have multiple ways in which they can track what they sell, to understand what they sell.
- Easy to learn. We have found that in community enterprises, like thrift shops, easy to learn / easy to use really does matter. Volunteer turnover makes this essential. We can record training specific to your needs and make these videos available for future volunteers.
- Secure. You can lock down parts of the software to secure them for management access only. With volunteers working in thrift shops they may not need access to some parts of the software.
- Check and balances. This software guides processes. It also provides hidden tracking so you can investigate should the need arise.
- Club / group marketing and support. Leverage clubs and community groups with offers and pricing just for them. Thrift shops often exist to serve local community needs, our thrift shop software makes it easy to incentivise engagement by locals for the support of locals.
Our Australian made and supported thrift shop POS software does much more than what’s on this list. See it for yourself, live and obligation free, to see if it could serve you and your business. We’d be glad to show it to all involved in the operation.
Here are some questions we have had from thrift shop managers:
Does the software support community group member pricing? Yes.
We work on behalf of several local charities. Can we track purchases by their members as a fund raising tool? Yes.
We have a lot of volunteers, is the software easily learnt? Yes.
We report to a board, are there good checks and balances? Yes.
Do we have to barcode everything we sell? No.
Can we compare the performance of different categories of what we sell? Yes.
Can we report on sales by product type so we can understand the categories that sell? Yes.
Does the software produce WAS / NOW price labels so we can show what something would cost in a regular store? Yes.
Our manager is off-site. Can they access the software from there? Yes.
Does the software support a loyalty program? Yes, there are several loyalty options that work in different situations from infrequent shopper visits to regular shopper visits.
Can we set a quantity purchase price for items? Yes.
Can we bundle items together, like into a hamper, and easily sell that? Yes.
The best way to see if this thrift shop software is good for your situation is through a demonstration.
We are grateful to support the work of local charity / thrift shops: