We love the Back to School voucher initiative by the NSW state government as it supports families of kids in school, helping them fund vital school related purchases.
Since Tower Systems serves the majority of local small business newsagents around Australia, with many hundreds in NSW, the company has ensured that its local retail newsagent customers know how to accept the NSW state government Back to School vouchers for payment through the Tower Systems newsagency software.
Newsagents have been provided advice on setup in their software to accept the vouchers as well as advice on how to handle a voucher in a customer purchase.
By making it easy for newsagents to accurately and correctly accept and process the NSW state government back to School vouchers, Tower Systems is helping its small business newsagency customers to connect with the government program.
The Tower Systems advice is also useful for shoe shops, uniform shops, bookshops and other local retail businesses eligible for accepting the vouchers as a method of payment.
You will need to create a payment type for your online vouchers.
- So to Setup –> General –> Payment Types.
- Click Add to create a new payment type
- Enter a name for the new payment type. Use a recognisable name, eg. Service NSW Vouchers
- Select the TYPE as Charge Card. Do NOT use voucher.
- Click Next and then Finish.
Processing the Sale
- Complete the sale to the point of obtaining a Total.
- Click Subtotal or press [F2].
- Access the NSW Govt app and process the voucher.
- Enter the amount of the voucher in the subtotal screen against Service NSW Vouchers.
- Enter any remaining value of the sale against the correct paytype eg. EFTPOS or Cash.
- End the sale.
Tower Systems nationally is grateful to serve close to 1,800 local small business newsagents with its newsagency software. With a national newsagency community of 3,000, Tower Systems serves more newsagents than all other software companies serving that channel and while that may sound bratty, it’s not our intent. The Aussie newsagency channel is, from time to time, targeted by slick salespeople making claims. Facts matter. We share our results because they are fact based.
We will help any newsagent in our Tower Systems newsagency software community setup for the NSW state government Back to School vouchers and transact safely and properly with them.