We are grateful to serve thousands off local small business retailers across a diverse group of specialty retail settings. Our work over many years has helped us develop insights that we willing share with local small business retailers. beyond our POS software, we actively support local retailers in myriad ways.
Today, let’s reflect on the bonus, the unexpected.
It is a good rule in business to always give your customers more than they expect. It shows you value them, go the extra mile and delight in surprising them with good news and good opportunities.
The best way to demonstrate delivering unexpected value is to provide it here in the form of three special reports beyond the scope of what was planned and offered or RETAIL RESCUE.
Before we get to the bonus reports, consider these ideas for adding expected value to customer transactions your retail business:
- Give the customer a small gift, something completely unexpected. Even something as simple as a chocolate can be the perfect thank you.
- Package the purchase in a premium reusable shopping bag. This promotes the business and shows that you do value them.
- Provide a voucher offering a discount if the customer returns in a specified period of time.
- Depending on the nature of your store, give free gift which relates to items you sell. For example, if they buy a men’s suit, offer a free tie or if they buy six cup cakes, give them the seventh for free.
- Connect with another business and offer a gift which is a free item or a discount from their store – they could do the same for your store.
The key to giving bonus rewards like these is to not promote it. As Nike says, JUST DO IT!
By offering added value at the counter at the end of a sale it comes across as if you are doing something special for this customer. This will make the gift more valuable than if it is widely promoted.
Giving your customers better value or a better experience than expected will be remembered and talked about. It will build your business.