Based ion our many years experience and our personal work with more than 3,000 retailers, here are the five most common bits of advice small business retailers ignore. Do these five things and your business will improve.
- Track everything you sell from the moment it arrives to when it sells.
- Reorder stock using your software and not your gut.
- Track all employee transactions.
- Do not purchase from suppliers who do not provide electronic invoices.
- Run a dollar based loyalty program that encourages shopper engagement more often.
These tips are offered as part of a series from Tower Systems, a POS software company serving more than 3,500 small business retailers with specialist POS software for a range of retail niches.
Every day through our software, advice, support and training we provide help beyond the software, help to make a genuine difference to the small retail businesses we serve.