In a recent Q&A, Tower Systems was asked about its specialist jeweller management software and why the software is so popular with hundreds of jewellers in Australia and New Zealand.
The Q&A started with a query about what is unique about Tower in the jeweller space:
- We are a software company, not a consulting business using software as a mechanism for driving consulting fees.
- We are in your business. Not a contractor we hire, not over the phone, when we install the system we do it in your business, working with you.
- Second-hand goods. These facilities have been developed with jewellers and authorities so you have the right records on hand.
- These facilities have been developed to help you streamline workflow and keep in close contact with customers throughout.
- Manufactured goods. From concept to manufacture, you can manage and track what you make for whom and when. This is a billing and management asset.
- Our LayBy facilities have been developed in close consultation with jewellers, making them unique and comprehensive.
- We offer more facilities than any other system. These offer you flexibility for driving purchases in the current visit and for bringing shoppers back more often.
- You have access to extraordinary customisation through settings, enabling you to represent your business how you want.
- Embedded in our software are facilities for tracking how the software is used. This enables us to help you reduce employee theft.
- Retail focussed. The big challenge of retail is to uncover opportunities which you can still leverage them. We have smart reports which unlock for you information about your business which can help you here.
Next, we fielded some other questions about our jeweller software that may be of interest to readers here.
Is the software multi-store compatible?
Yes, you can use the software in multiple retail locations as well as retail and a warehouse plus from home and even on the road or at trade shows. Through the multi-store facilities you can see stock on hand in other stores, move stock between stores and report by store or the group.
Using the multi-store facilities, additional stores don’t need to have the software installed, saving time and management overhead.
Does a retailer need to be in-store to access their system?
No, jewellers and their managers can access the software from anywhere – with appropriate security options available to protect the business data.
The security around out of store access is comprehensive – ensuring that data is protected.
What type of reports can the system generate?
This question is kind of like how long is a piece of string. The software has more than 100 reports. Each report was either in the software because we wanted it there or because a business using the software asked for it. We have many jewellery business specific facilities such as fast seller reporting, stock turn, return on investment, supplier comparison, employee sales reporting, sales by time. The opportunities are considerable.
The valuations facility includes customer documentation necessary to serve a variety of valuation needs. The valuations facility has been developed closely with a variety of jewellers and their employees.
The Tower Systems Jeweller software also offers comprehensive manufactured goods, repairs and second-hand goods facilities – all of which have been developed with jewellers in a variety of situations from single operator to multi store group – in Australia, New Zealand and several overseas countries. Each of these three areas of the software – manufactured goods, repairs and second-hand goods facilities – is specific to the needs of jewellers.
We are proud to deliver specialist software for specialist small business jewellers, software on which you can rely to create more successful and valuable businesses.