Here are ten ways smart retailers use the POS software from Tower Systems to leverage receipts to act as more than a record of a transaction:
- Adding value with product knowledge – written by people in the business and designed to reinforce personal local knowledge that separates the business from other retailers of the same product.
- Pitching a discount for further engagement – with the discount value calculated carefully and thoughtfully and to guide shopper activity.
- Suggesting companion purchases – based specifically on what has been purchased.
- Guiding additional purchases with a BUY X GET Y deal – usually funded by a supplier.
- Including product care instructions.
- Advising of loyalty points accrued.
- Product warranty information.
- Promoting a forthcoming event in store.
- Supporting a local charity or community organisation.
- Driving business website engagement.
The more small business retailers use their receipts as a marketing tool the better for the business. It systemises shopper contact through existing transactions and through this can leverage greater engagement and success for the business and enhanced enjoyment for the shopper.
Tower Systems helps retailers across multiple channels to leverage receipts in this way – creatively using valuable tools embedded in the software.
Information on receipts can be text, QR code, barcode or visual through images. These choices make the Tower POS software useful in a broad range of retail situations.
We are confident that through proper engagement retailers of all sorts can drive better business value from receipts beyond being a record of a purchase.
This is another Tower AdvantageTM.