We have shared an updated COMPUTER USE POLICY with our customers to reduce the opportunity of attack own their systems:
- The computers in this business are business tools. Their security is vital to the safe running of the business.
- Do not use any computer for any form of personal use without permission. This means:
- No playing games.
- No looking at porn.
- No Facebook.
- No downloading movies, TV shows, music.
- No browsing websites unless they are websites used regularly by this business for running the business.
- No connecting your phone to the computer.
- Do not open emails including business emails unless you have permission.
- Do not click on any link in any email unless you are 100% certain the email is from a trusted source.
- Do not clear the browser cache.
- Never put a USB stick in a computer unless you are certain of the source.
- Never permit anyone to use a computer in the business unless you have permission.
- Never give anyone a computer password from the business.
- If someone you don’t know calls and tells you to do something with the computer, make sure they have authority.
- Never write down any business password you are entrusted with.
- Never connect a USB stick with the computer unless you have permission.
- If you do something wrong own up to it immediately.