- Compare websites. Go deep. Look at ease of contact, support connections. Look for details of the real people being the business.
- Compare software. On your desktop, next to each other.
- Compare training. Sit in on a training session. Compare usefulness, professionalism.
- Look at online tools. get a login and see what real users see.
- Use it. In a shop,l behind the counter. See first hand the user experience.
- Learn the total cost of ownership. Get this in writing, for the first three years. See the real cost of owning each of the software packages you are comparing.
There is a huge difference between software products. These six points could help you avoid POS software that is not right for your business.