We published to our small business POS software customers today reminder advice on the best steps to follow to protect the business against impact from malware. This is especially relevant today because of the overnight Petya attack in the UK and elsewhere, including in Australia.
Being early with consistent professional advice helps our small business customers protect their businesses.
Here is best practice advice on which any computer user can rely:
A new malware attack on computers is sweeping the world. It has hit the UK government, big businesses (shutting down the Cadbury factory in Tasmania) and small businesses. Please protect your business. Here is our advice.
- Tell all who use your computers to not open any emails that look suspicious in any way.
- Do not click on any links unless you are 100% sure.
- Do not open attachments unless you are 100% sure.
- Make sure you have the latest Windows update running on every computer.
- Never connect a computer to your network unless you are sure it is clean.
- Advise all employees of these requirements.
The easiest way to recover is if you use a professional cloud backup.