Small business retailers can be bamboozled by claims made by POS software companies. Here is a guaranteed way to find the best POS software company for you in a comparison:
- Ask the companies you are interested in to visit your shop, to show you live and in person how their software handles questions you have about it.
- Speak with the owner of the POS software company. Ask them why your business matters. Ask them for details of retailers like you they have using their software.
- Get login access to their customer knowledge base. Look at th resources they provide.
- Look at their business blogs, compare the content and professionalism.
- Compare the written quotes. Ensure everything you require is included.
- Ask if software support coverage is mandatory. Get their answer in writing, from a director of the company.
- Ask for a total cost of ownership projection for three, four and five years.
These six points alone will offer a complete comparison outside of the software itself. It will force some companies to confront topics they would rather avoid.