All software has bugs. The challenges are finding them and fixing them.
Any POS software company that says their POS software is bug free is either lying, delusional or not in high demand.
Here at Tower Systems our approach to software bugs is structured and professional.
- When a bug its suspected tests are conducted, to prove the bug exists.
- Proof of a bug is further tested, to ensure it is repeatable.
- Once proven, the bug is logged, given a bug id and sent to the development team for consideration. Only on the provision of s bug id is the bug accepted as existing.
- The development team fixes the bug and loads it as part of a softwAre update.
- The update is alpha tested in the office.
- A successfully alpha tested release of the software is tested in or own shops.
- The tested in our own shops software is released to the beta community.
- The successfully beta tested software is released to the wider community.
- On release to any end-user we provide a complete list of bugs fixed in the update along with details of all other enhancements delivered through the update.
All the way through our structured process our customers are kept in the loop and up to date with our progress on resolving issues for them.
Software bugs are not the problem. How software companies deal with them is. We are confident here at Tower Systems in our processes and in the transparency we provide to our customers.