We have many users of our POS software who have connected these to magento, Shopify, WooCommerce and other e-commerce platforms. We have sound experience with all and use some ourselves with online retail businesses that we run.
In our customer accessible Knowledge Base, we have articles on connecting your Tower Retailer software to Shopify, Magento and WooCommerce. A quick search will soon find these.
We urge our customers to read the article for the type of e-commerce platform they plan to connect with. Give the article to the people developing your site. Most questions we get from external web developers are answered in the articles.
We’d love to develop a website for any small business retailer. We have a separate web team in our business who do this work. They are based out of our Melbourne Australia office. They have developed plenty of Retailerconnected websites already.
Connecting our Retailer POS software to a website is technically easy. However, you are creating a hungry beast that needs to be fed. Here are some of our tips for getting started and managing the website efficiently:
- Get your inventory data right with product names, departments, categories, pricing and images. Retailer is in control of the data, always.
- Start with a small range of stock in the website first. Get that right and your prices right before you go further.
- Make decisions yourself on website look and feel and design. Expecting someone else to do all this usually leads to disappointment. Attention invested now will result in a website you like and that reflects you.
- Use real photos. Stock photos stand out. They look awful.
- Know that any website you launch today will need investment to refresh it within eighteen months. Web is a rapidly evolving environment. Not investing to keep up will see you fall behind.
- Whoever develops your website – make sure they are local. Offshore development is cheaper today but more expensive in the long run.
- Choose a platform that is appropriate. We are yet to see a retail business not satisfied with a Shopify or Magento site. Shopify is ideal for simpler needs and Magento works a treat for more complex and multi-store requirements.
We have more advice available for Tower Systems customers.