Too often we in small business see competition and get angry. We ignore the opportunity to change gears and stop competing
In our Tower Systems smart POS software we offer facilities through which you can change gears, through which you can recast your offer so it cannot be compared to those from a competitor.
Sometimes, the best way to complete is to not compete, to change the conversation, to get people seeing your business through a fresh lense.
These gear changing competitive tools in our current POS software include:
- Educate. Yes, our POS software helps you do this.
- Appreciate. Show your customers you love them, through personalised service during and after the sale.
- Aggregate. bring data together, information together, in a way that enhances your view of the business and your service of your customers.
- Motivate. Motivate your staff in ways that are smart, understood and customer-focussed.
Now, to some more practical ideas…
- Discount Vouchers. This is the most effective form of immediate loyalty rewards we have ever seen, driving excellent sales results. Charge more for an item and reward shoppers with cash off their next purchase.
- Buy X get Y – Multibuy. This focuses people on a volume based offer rather than a direct simple purchase.
- Package multiple items together for a price you set. Done right you can get more than the total value of the items in the package.
- Special orders. Major retailers tend to prefer to sell what they have. Special orders are often considered too difficult. If you manage it well and make it easy, you can pitch your business competitively.
- Sell you. Include insights, knowledge and advice with purchases, on receipts, automatically. Show, through every sale, that buying from you is different to other retailers where they could have purchased the same item.
Next time you feel competitive pressure from a big business, ask what you could change gearsin your business to position you differently, to not look like you are competing.
The more you can do to block direct price comparison the better.
Here at Tower Systems we can help with these and other initiatives in this area of smart competition.