What the POS software you choose for your retail business actually costs your business is not always clear or transparent. There are situations where retailers do not discover the actual cost until they are locked in to a particular POS software company.
Here are some examples of things we have seen recently, things we do not do:
- Quoting a monthly cost that is actually a prepaid annual cost divided by 12 and where the actual monthly cost if you pay monthly is considerably more.
- Charging an EFTPOS fee for your use of an EFTPOS directly linked to that POS software where the EFTPOS fee is considerably higher than the competitive market price.
- Signing what you think is a monthly contract only to find that you have a minimum commitment period of 24 or 36 months or more – meaning it is not a monthly contact at all.
- Being told that the software can go to the new owner of the business when you sell only to discover that the new owner is asked to pay up front a fee to actually access the software.
- Being told that your price is the standard price only for you to discover later that friends get a special price that is much lower than you are paying.
- Being told one price only to find a different price in the contract.
These are some of the things going around at the moment. It’s frustrating because here we are in 2023 writing about real things that are happening this year that tarnish the reputation of software companies. we don’t like it. The is why we are calling it out here and elsewhere.
Here at Tower Systems, our prices are transparent, as is what is included in the monthly rental price.
Our monthly price is our monthly price. There is no need for a year up front payment to access it.
And, for all of our customers, here’s what’s included in the monthly rental cost: software licences for unlimited computers in the location, help desk support (by phone or email) 6 days a week (including Saturday), access to a comprehensive support knowledge base, after hours support call access for urgent system down queries, access to our Shopify, Xero and other integrations, access to our supplier invoice import tools.
Simple. Clear. The same offer to everyone.
From a sales perspective, there is no rush, no pressure. Our sales professionals are just that, professional. They pride themselves if being clear if they think our business is not the right fir for you. They also are under no pressure themselves to close a certain amount of business each month. That’s whey they will not harass or pressure you.
Take you time when considering POS software. Move at your pace. Be driven by what you want and need for your business. We are here when you need us.