We are seeing an increase in theft in retail businesses, especially theft by employees. Employee theft is more easily detected and controlled than customer theft, especially in retail bsinesses using our Point of sale and Theft Management solutions.
Earlier this week we provided retailers using our Point of Sale software with refreshed advice on managing the theft challenge. This advice coupled with our free theft check service help equip tower Systems retailers with tools with which to minimise the cost of theft.
Our assistance around theft goes beyond the traditional training and support assistance. In a few weeks, for example, one of our senior management team is being flown interstate as an expert witness for the prosecution in a complex employee theft case. While the cost and disruption to our business from providing this resource is considerable, our involvement demonstrates a level of expertise and commitment which is unique among Point of Sale companies.
Retailers using our software have access to excellent tools with which to manage and cut theft. If is far better that these tools are used than relying on us to act an as expert witness after a theft event.
Here is a summary of tools and support assistance we offer to retailers for managing and reducing theft:
- Theft management advice for using tools within our software. Check out Advice Sheet BA05.
- Robust theft tracking reporting within our software including our Audit Log which has been instrumental in facilitating convictions.
- Free Theft Check service. Our experts check business data and can identify potential theft situations.
- Business operations audit. This fee based on site service can assess a business from a theft perspective and provide operational recommendations.
- Online training workshops. We provide live training in the theft management and security facilities in our software – for business owners only.
These are other services combine to provide a whole of business service in the area of theft management and reduction. The results speak for themselves. Discovery. Theft reduction. Convictions. Business owners recovering stolen cash.