While the Tower Systems POS software supports points-based loyalty, we have other more advanced and more current loyalty offers. Our new loyalty offers help retailers drive excellent sales results.
Here are some reasons why we think points based loyalty programs are not useful for small business retailers:
- Big businesses use points, meaning a small business program does not offer an identifiable post of difference.
- Plenty of medium and small businesses offer points based programs.
- Points are not a point of difference.
- How can a shopper separate your points program from that in another retail business? Try and do this yourself.
- Shoppers struggle to understand the value of points.
- $$$ in value is better understood than points.
- Points are old-school.
- Shoppers have loyalty fatigue from the same old points based programs.
- Points are more often used as a faux reward rather than real reward.
- Points appear as vague whereas a cash benefit is easily understood.
Our advice is to put your customers at the heart of your loyalty program. Once you do this you will quickly see the value of a more customer-focussed loyalty offer and the benefits that could flow for your business.