Independent retail businesses often seek local shopper support. This Lismore easily achieved if these businesses themselves act locally and love locally. Here are some of the many act local suggestions we have developed over years of supporting local small and independent retail businesses:
- Support local community groups through raising awareness and funds.
- Use your retail space to attract locals on local issues.
- Leverage your communication channels to support local issues and groups.
- Offer practical help to local school.
- Be engaged in local representation on councils and committees.
- Preference hiring local people.
- Seek out local suppliers.
- Offer local training opportunities to local school students.
- If appropriate to your business, seek out local artists.
- Participate in local markets.
- Welcome local groups to raise funds from out the front of your shop.
- Get your business name on local sports team clothing.
- Learn and tell local stories.
We have many other suggestions to help independent local retailers to better connect with their local community … helping our customers way beyond our software.
Tower Systems serves close to 3,000 retailers using our smart POS software.