But, since we needed a catchy headline for this blog post, we figured we would list 17 for you, because 17 is authentic, and that is what we are, authentic. We are a local Aussie PSO software company that makes and supports POS software for local Aussie retailers.
Let’s get into it. Here are 17 ways local small business retailers can market their shops using POS software from Tower Systems:
- Include a promotional message on receipts. This image, or text, is auto-served, making the passive paper document a sales tool, giving you a good reason to include receipts.
- Send emails to customers based on past purchases.
- Send emails to customers based on timing indicating their next purchase is due.
- Sending emails to groups of customers with common interests inviting them to a shared event.
- Bundling and promoting BOGO, buy one get one free, or similar.
- Running a coffee cards loyalty stamp program but without the stamps. The more people buy, the closer they are to redeeming their free gift or purchase.
- Running discount vouchers that offer cash off the next purchase based on this purchase.
- Bundling kits made of individual items that then look like products unique to your business and therefore pitch you in a different light.
- Sharing product use information thereby adding value to the relationship with your business.
- Shopper loyalty. Old school. Points based. Collect points. redeem. Get stickier with a business.
- Converting loyalty points to vouchers and tending these to shoppers to encourage them to return, and spend.
- Sell online through a seamless Shopify link and through this reach people who do not shop locally near you.
- Manage tracking purchases by local club members encouraging the club and club members to support your business.
- See what sells with what and change product locations in the shop to leverage these data insights.
- Show shoppers using your software what is sourced locally, thereby encouraging local connectivity.
- Replenish so you have stock people want. Empty shelves can’t be sold. Replenishment is a marketing activity.
- Share local product use advice and insights with items you sell so people get more form their use.
We have shared this list as encouragement for any local indie small business retailer considering how they can promote their business.
Tower Systems makes POS software for local small business retailers. Our goal is to help you thrive.