The single most important point of difference any local retail business has over a big business or online competitor is local knowledge and context.
Leveraging local knowledge and context as they relate to products in the business is easy through POS software. For example, using our software, retailers can include on receipts details of care for and use of products sold.
This knowledge can add significant value to a purchase as it can be specific to the area.
We see retailers doing this all the time, in ways that make customers happy as they can get more out of the products purchased than might be the case had they not been given the useful information.
- A garden centre can add care information tuned to local conditions.
- A bike shop can share local bike track information.
- A toy shop can share information about family play groups.
- A pet shop can share information on local dog walking groups.
- A fishing store can share information about sports only the locals know.
These are just some examples of personalised local information can be shared on receipts.
Retailers can take it even further and include information that is absolutely product specific.
This is an excellent way to promote the personal focus of the business.