Tower Systems has been serving local charity shops, op. shops and community enterprises for years with POS software that serves a variety of retail needs in this broad charity shop space. the latest release of our software serves this space well.
We know from experience that charity and op. shops are unique and loved businesses, providing valuable service to the local community and to those supported by the charity. We are grateful to serve these community enterprises with our POS software:
- Easy shopper loyalty. While the software offers a loyalty points system, we have found the cash-off approach in our loyalty tools works better in local retail. People understand money. A receipt showing an amount they can save on their next purchase gets, usually, at least 20% of people spending more that visit.
- Manage what you sell your way. You can sell by barcode, products code, department, category within department, price point. You can sell, measure and report at the level point appropriate to your needs.
- Easy to learn by volunteers. We have found that in community enterprises easy to learn / easy to use really does matter. Volunteer turnover makes this essential. We can record training specific to your needs and make these videos available for future volunteers.
- Secure for your peace of mind. You can lock down parts of the software to secure them for management access only.
- Check and balances. This software guides processes. It also provides hidden tracking so you can investigate should the need arise.
- Club / group marketing and support. Leverage clubs and community groups with offers and pricing just for them.
Our Australian made and supported charity / op. shop POS software does much more than what’s on this list. See it for yourself, live and obligation free, to see if it could serve you and your business. We’d be glad to show it to all involved in the operation.
While we serve many charity / op. shop retail stores in many different situations, we know this every shop is unique, with its own requirements. Our goal is to offer charity shop software that is as useful as possible, while being affordable for these tight budget businesses.
Here are answers to some of the questions we have been asked about our Charity / Op. Shop Software over the years.
When you are ready, we’d love to show you our Charity / Op. Shop Software and through that show you answers to other questions you have.
Does the software support community group member pricing? Yes.
We work on behalf of several local charities. Can we track purchases by their members as a fund raising tool? Yes.
We have a lot of volunteers, is the software easily learnt? Yes.
We report to a board, are there good checks and balances? Yes.
Do we have to barcode everything we sell? No.
So when we don’t sell by barcode how do we track what we sell? You decide the level of reporting you want and that determines the best sales tracking approach.
Can we compare the performance of different categories of what we sell? Yes.
Can we report on sales by product type so we can understand the categories that sell? Yes.
Does the software produce WAS / NOW price labels so we can show what something would cost in a regular store?Yes.
Our manager is off-site. Can they access the software from there? Yes.
Does the software support a loyalty program? Yes, there are several loyalty options that work in different situations from infrequent shopper visits to regular shopper visits.
Can we set a quantity purchase price for items? Yes.
Can we bundle items together, like into a hamper, and easily sell that? Yes.
Can the software handle tracking sales to group members to calculate a rebate for the group?Yes.
Can I include product care instructions on the receipt? Yes.
Does the software track where I have stored a box for an item? Yes.
Does the software handle LayBys? Yes.
Does the software connect with my website? We partner with Shopify, Magento and WooCommerce and offer direct links to these.
Can I email receipts? Yes.
Can I track where my customers come from? Yes.
Do I have to pay for software on additional computers in my business? No.
Can I connect with my EFTPOS terminal? Yes. We have a direct link to Tyro and through Linkly we connect to all major banks.
Can I use my existing hardware? Yes, as long as your hardware meets our minimum standards.
Can I use my existing data with the software? Yes. We’d like to check your data to be sure. We will advise what can be safely brought across.
Does it integrate with Xero? Yes.
Find out more at www.towersystems.com.au/charity.