Tower Systems has been developing, selling and supporting POS software for gift shops for years. There are many hundreds of retailers using this retail channel specific POS software.
Using our specialist POS software, gift retailers can be confident that we offer software that is fit for purpose, software that is deal for the need and packed with facilities beneficial to the unique needs of gift shops, especially gift shops serving local needs, local communities.
Here are some notes from a Q&A we did with gift retailers on our software.
What facilities do gift shop owners and staff like are in your software?
- Easy to use yet structured and professional Lay-By.
- Customer special orders with TXT message when stock arrives.
- Professional gift cards with your logo and proper management of balance.
- Easy to produce gift vouchers.
- Gift receipts that can be wrapped with a gift (no pricing).
- Intelligent receipts with product care information.
- Easy handling of hampers and bundled offers.
- Supplier performance comparison.
- Employee performance management and rewards.
- Importing electronic invoices from gift shop suppliers. We work with for you.
- Linking to your website to manage a common stock file.
- Loyalty options including traditional points as well as front end loyalty to drive infrequent shopper engagement.
- Inventory management to guide you to a more efficient inventory level.
- Theft reduction tools to reduce the opportunity of employee theft.
- It’s easy to use.
- It’s regularly updated based on user suggestions.
What do you think makes your gift shop software different to others?
We develop the software ourselves here in Australia in close consultation with gift shop owners and employees – as well as with gift shop suppliers. This is truly specialist software created for your type of business.
What makes Tower Systems different as a supplier of gift shop software?
Our service is personal, professional and accessible. You have access to the entire Tower Systems team to not only learn how to use our software but also to how to make more money in your business by using the software.
How do you handle nervous computer users?
Gently, with respect.
What training is provided with the system?
When it is installed the training is one on one in your shop. Following the installation you can access more than 130 training videos and 626 plain English step-by-step articles in our online knowledge base.
Why would I use this and not a cash register?
Using the Tower Systems Gift Shop software would help you:
- Guide shoppers to spend more in a visit.
- Attract shoppers to return to the business more often.
- Reduce dead stock.
- Reduce theft.
- Streamline selling.
- Reduce mistakes in sales processing by eliminating double handling.
- Better manage employee time.
- Better manage supplier relationships through buying based on facts and not emotion.
- More effectively plan for the future of the business thanks to access to accurate data.
- See things in your business that you may miss today.
- Offer a professional experience with personalised attractive receipts, personalised attractive gift certificates, structured Lay-By and a data driven approach to ordering.
- We bring structure and ease to the end of shift balancing process.
- You can easily manage catalogue and promotional pricing as well as bundled deals and through this drive sales.
- There are 100+ reports on which you can rely to assess the business. However, the reality is you will fall in love with two or three reports and rely on these.
Is it possible to transfer an existing database?
Yes, our technical experts are very good at this. We have converted data from Retail Express, Lightspeed, Retail Edge and MYOB for gift retailers switching to us.
What kind of after-sales support is available?
Our Australian based help desk is available Monday through Friday from 7am AEST to 6pm AEST and on Saturday from 7:30am AEST through 3pm AEST. We also offer 24/7 after hours support at no additional cost.
Our help desk services (office hours and after hours) are backed up by escalation to senior management of the business. Every customer is given the direct mobile phone numbers of our national management team including the owner of the company – as a measure of transparency and commitment to service.
Each week we host a live online training workshop covering a part of the software. This includes a Q&A session. Access to this online workshop is free.
Via our website we provide access to a comprehensive and constantly evolving knowledge base of articles and documentation. This is accessible 24/7 and can be searched using regular English terms. It is 100% non-technical, user friendly and designed for self service.