6 Benefits of Web Connected POS Software
Brick-and-mortar stores are gradually becoming outdated means of product retailing.
Can you recall the last time you got in your car and physically drove to a store instead of easily clicking the checkout button online?
Making online sales has become a customer’s number one source of shopping these days. Stores are turning to the Internet to make the bulk of their sales, too.
The digital age is crushing retail giants across the country. Something needs to change so they can prosper like they once before.
The importance of web based POS (point of sale) software is on the rise in 2017. Retailers are at risk, and now more than ever you need to know the benefits of web based POS software.
Luckily we will go into detail about it in this post. Need help understanding the software? Our e-commerce workshop offers online workshops that can help you take your business to the next level.
First, let’s make sure you understand what exactly a POS system is. POS stands for “Point Of Sale”. It refers to the act of completing a transaction between a customer and a retailer. Whenever you make a sale in a store, there is a point of sale that is conducted.
Instead of going up to a cash register to make a physical payment, a web based POS eliminates that step. Or, as is the case with Tower, it integrated online and offline- in a physical store as well as online.
Large businesses and small businesses alike are investing in software which allows them to give their customers easy online power.
So, does your independent small business need to invest in POS software? Let us explain the top 6 benefits to web based POS:
6. Better Customer Management
A sales employee will know what types of products a specific customer wants to buy from the business via web based POS.
The sales associate can find what items the customer has liked before, and he or she can use this information to its full advantage. Understanding a customer’s unique preferences will drive more sales to the business. Our video on how to grow your sales includes information from some of our POS software experts at Tower Systems.
For example, say you own a few beauty stores. By simply using the right web based POS software you are able to look up a customer’s sales at any location in no time at all. A comprehensive customer list is created through the POS software.
Knowing this information speeds up the selling process so an employee can talk to a customer. By understanding what brands the customer already buys, the associate can help them find more products from the same brand that they are looking for.
- Another positive result that installing a web based POS will have simpler customer interactions. No longer does your customer need to wait in long lines to buy a new lipstick. Your happy customer will have the chance to purchase your online products from the comfort of her bedroom by swiping on her mobile device! This also promotes additional sales if the customer is pleased with her purchase.
- Sales associates can also make sales promotions to make customers shop online. Sending out coupons and discount codes to use specifically online will most definitely attract higher sales.
- Coupons will allow customers to stay updated on what new merchandise is now in stock. Staying social with customers also builds better customer relationship management, which in turn promotes both successful and organic sales growth.
- Using tools like a web based POS system improves the lives of your sale associates and it will also improve customer satisfaction. The ability to access a customer’s recent transactions in your store will drop the problems with making exchanges or returns. Having this information stored in the database will make the employee to quickly find the customer’s transaction history.
- The returned items are listed into the database and will be present in the customer’s history. This point of sale further develops an understanding of who the customer is.
- Happy, loyal customers will enjoy the fact that you use their time wisely.
5. Less Paperwork With POS and web integrated POS
Using point of sale software can virtually cut the need for any paperwork. Having access to your online business has never been simpler than with the integration of powerful this type of software. This software can keep track of all of your small business needs, from daily invoices to customer purchases.
Calculating sales from your independent small business can become a hard task for everyday business. Save both time and energy by investing in special POS software that can analyze your inventory and sales faster than you could on your own.
Digital copies of your accounting information will also help you keep track of your finances. Instead of logging daily totals on paper, you can store all of your data on your web based system.
You can also track information from different store locations by adding invoices from each place into one central location.
This process that online software has will reduce stress and encourage you to focus on other areas of your business, such as marketing.
4. Know More About How Your Business Runs
POS software can know more about your business than you do in a matter of seconds. Gathering daily totals and figuring out what specific items sold on a particular day can be a task that the software is capable of completing.
You will also know when stock is running low, as this is another great function of having web based POS software installed.
This information is valuable to your small business so you know what to repurchase. Managing your sales trends can be beneficial so your loyal customers return again and again.
The POS software will also direct you on the right path to send in reorders for the highest selling products. Focusing your attention on the items that sell the most will boost sales and let you better understand how your company operates on a daily basis.
Who doesn’t want to sell what products sell versus which ones aren’t? You, the business owner, are now able to watch the process that it takes to track your account information.
What does having more real-time information mean for YOUR business?
- Faster and more efficient inventory checks at the click of a button.
- Both owners and the management team are able to keep up with what inventory is selling and what isn’t.
- Owners and managers can find out if certain employees are performing at their best during the day.
- The team can test out new selling techniques and see if they work in real-time by tracking the results via POS software.
- There is less waste. Products that sell quickly are repurchased while the ones that are not selling can be reduced at a lower price and not repurchased.
3. Cutting Costs Everywhere You Can
A standard POS system will run you anywhere from $3,000 to $50,000 annually. Yes, this number appears large because you factor in licensing fees and updates that stores face on a regular basis.
I will detail how the benefits of using a web based POS outweigh the costs of a non web connected POS system:
- A web connected POS system is usually a monthly investment that does not include any extra hidden fees in comparison to a traditional system.
- Total payment for the web based POS system can average $1,200 to $10,000 per year.
- The website that will give you will the web based POS system may also include informative and easy to follow training. It will lower your initial cost when it comes to installing the online POS software for your business.
- A POS system also uses an Internet connection to run. The Internet is great at being a less expensive alternative in comparison to traditional POS systems that need employees to manage a business.
- Having a web based system in place will cut the cost of paying for a lease to have a physical location that your customers need to visit in order to make a sale. Having an online way for your customers to make a sale will drive sales and will save you money when it comes to leasing a pricey storefront.
2. Store Your Data Safely
Instead of making your employees track your daily sales totals, customers, and invoices by hand, you can put each of these tasks in your software.
Your data is backed up on a server that is secure and will not crash like regular computers can. Security is a top priority for all businesses alike, and we take that into consideration when thinking about the pros to a web based POS system.
Theft prevention is important to consider when you own a business. Thieves are unable to take your money if you store your information on the POS system because everything is secured online.
Having your information online is better than storing cash in a cash drawer.
With more customers comes more information that needs to be properly stored. Archive this information using the web based system that can hold a large capacity.
1. 24/7 Management
80% of small business owners use their mobile devices to update and manage their businesses on a daily basis. Phones are a business owner’s best means of communication, and 55% of SBOs use their phones to schedule appointments or talk to customers.
Owning a business is a 24/7 matter, and not utilizing your cell phone means shutting off your prime connection to your business. Having a web based POS system in place will connect you to your employees and customers.
You can even check in on your business from your home.
An on-the-go lifestyle is how most people live in 2017, and you can’t stay behind the fast moving times. You can also easily log into your account because it relies on an Internet connection to work.
- You need to be able to pay for reorders on popular items, track where your inventory is going, and connect to your customers by hearing their feedback. All you need is an Internet connection to process many of these tasks from anywhere in the world.
- Make sure your business is constantly up to date by investing in a system that is web based because that is where the world is headed.
As technology continues to expand, we at Tower Systems want to share our knowledge of web connected POS systems with you so you can grow your business the right way.
Running a successful business is now a daily task, so finding tools to improve your day to day life will ease your mind when it comes to making quick sales.
We offer you the best retail solutions for your independently owned and operated small business. Even though there are more to cover, these are the 6 best benefits to using an online POS system.
It’s important to know that understanding who your customer is can be simple with our web based technology.
Tower Systems has training programs that are built for even the most technology inept business owners.
You can easily learn how to run the POS software by participating in online group sessions that will train you to understand how the web based POS works.
Our specialty POS software will be the best addition to your business that you can buy to improve your small business sales. To learn more about our services, you can Contact Us for customer support.
If you need any help, we also have after hours support. Our e-mail is: email@example.com if you also need immediate action.
Let us help you become one of our 3,500+ independent business owners who run stores across Australia today.